Jefferson High School
Excellence Through Equity
- Wellness Counseling
- California Colleges Planning Web site info
- Course Catalog
- Graduation Requirements
- School Profile
- Condom Availability Program
- Getting Ready for College Info
- CAASPP Testing Information
- CAST Testing Information
- California College Guidance Initiative/CCGI
- Mobile Friendly Calendar
- Immigration Resources
- College & Career Center
- Skyline College Promise Scholars Program
Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Blocks (IAB) to be given to 9th and 10th grade
Posted by Joel Bruxvoort on 10/23/2017
October 23 ,2017
Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
A team of Jefferson Union High School District English teachers collaboratively developed and refined an English Language Arts (ELA) scope and sequence. The purpose of this scope and sequence project is to:
- Provide all of our students access to the same essential skills and content no matter the site or class to which they are assigned.
- Allow enough time for students to learn the essential skills and concepts.
- Provide guides for new teachers entering the district or for teachers who are assigned new classes.
A key part of this project is to see how well students are understanding the essential skills and concepts using the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Blocks (IAB). Your student will be taking the IAB in his/her English class on November 2, 2017. The test will be taken using a computer and will take 1 period to administer.
The results of this test can better inform our teachers on what instructional practices worked well and what can be improved and adjusted in instruction to meet the students’ academic needs. In addition, the experience from taking this test may serve as a practice for the Summative Test taken in your student’s 11th grade year. As a parent, you have the right to opt your student out of participating in this assessment. If you choose to opt out your student, please fill out the IAB opt out form and return to your student’s Vice-Principal of Guidance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your student’s Vice-Principal of Guidance.
Terra Nova HS
Dr. Elin Cervantes
Dr. Dennie Marenco