Oceana High School
A California Distinguished School
Summer School 2021
Summer School 2021 is going to be held at Jefferson High School starting June 7, 2021. Courses offered will depend on student enrollment and/or availability of teachers. Please find below the enrollment procedures for different programs.
Students who need to make up credits (College Prep and Non-College Prep Classes)
- The student’s school counselor will be submitting the student’s name with the course recommendation to the summer school principal.
- The student will be pre-enrolled in the class.
- Summer school principal will send a letter to parents indicating that the student has been pre-enrolled in the summer school class the week of May 3, 2021
- Parent/Guardian will have to opt-in by 5pm on May 11th to remain enrolled.
- Students will receive the final summer school schedule week by May 31st.
incoming 9th Grade Students
- Fill out the Math Jump Start Summer School Application by May 17th at 3:00 PM
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who might need additional support when enrolled in Math Course 1.
For questions about course enrollment, contact your counselor. For general questions about summer school procedures, contact Pat Boreni at email@example.com or 650-550-7840.
Summer School Dates
Appointments? Questions about SS?
The Summer School Office will not be taking drop-in visits, appointments can be made using the following link:
Summer School Dates
June 7 - July 15
Non-College Prep courses end June 25 and June 30
College Prep semester courses end June 30
Yearlong, accelerated, Senior Studies courses end July 15
Location and Telephone Number of Summer School
Jefferson High School
650-550-7700 (beginning June 2nd)
650-550-7840 (until June 1st)
Format for Summer School
Distance learning and in-person is available based on the course
Time of Summer School
8am-12:35pm (e.g. most courses such as non-CP and CP semester courses)
8am-1:35pm (e.g. accelerated courses, Senior Studies)
Students in-person will have 30 minutes for lunch 10:30am-11am
Wellness Counselors will be working with teachers and students providing wellness services during summer school.
Notification of Summer School Status
Students will receive an email (to their jeffersonunion.net email) from their summer school teacher on or shortly after June 2nd with information about the course and expectations.
Students in-person will be randomly selected for testing beginning the week of June 14th