Oceana High School
A California Distinguished School
JUHSD Summer School 2020
Updated May 22, 2020
After May 20, 2020: Need to Enroll in JUHSD Summer School or have questions about Summer School? Click on the link below:
Before May 20, 2020: Summer School 2020 is going to be held virtually through a program called APEX starting June 8, 2020. APEX Learning is an online program used in all JUHSD schools to help students earn credits in course identified to make up credits, grades, or accelerate learning. Click here to view the dates and potential course offerings. Please find below the enrollment procedures for different programs.
About the Program:
The courses are designed as self-paced, students may have opportunity to finish before the summer school end date. Courses for credit recovery will be graded Pass/No Pass, courses to make up D's and F's will receive letter grades for college eligibility. Students will be required to check-in two to three times per week with teachers as they work to complete their summer course.
Students who need to make up credits (College Prep and Non-College Prep Classes):
- Inform your school counselor that you need to enroll in a summer school course by April 20, 2020. Your school counselor will inform the summer school principal of your enrollment request.
- The student will be pre-enrolled in the class.
- Summer school principal will send a letter to parents indicating that the student has been pre-enrolled in the summer school class during the week of April 20, 2020.
- Parent/Guardian will have to opt-in by 5pm April 28, 2020 to remain enrolled.
- Students will receive the final summer school schedule in mid-May.
Students who would like to take Math Course 3 CP Acceleration:
The course is likely not to be offered. There is a possibility that Skyline will offer a Dual Enrollment option, but it is undecided at this date. Please consider concurrently enrolling in the following Skyline courses to substitute the Math Course 3 coursework:
- MATH 120 - Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 130 - Trigonometry
The process for concurrent enrollment is here. The course catalog can be found here.
For questions about course enrollment, contact Ms. Ziegler. For general questions about summer school procedures, contact Pat Boreni at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-550-7840.