Oceana High School
A California Distinguished School
Summer School 2020
Summer School 2020 is going to be held at Jefferson High School starting June 8, 2020. Click here to view the dates and potential course offerings. Please note that courses offered will depend on student enrollment and/or availability of teachers. Please find below the enrollment procedures for different programs.
Students who need to make up credits (College Prep and Non-College Prep Classes)
- Inform your school counselor that you need to enroll in a summer school course. Your school counselor will inform the summer school principal of your enrollment request.
- The student will be pre-enrolled in the class.
- Summer school principal will send a letter to parents indicating that the student has been pre-enrolled in the summer school class the week of March 30th.
- Parent/Guardian will have to opt-in by 5pm April 17th to remain enrolled. Students who are not enrolled in a course must come in-person to Jefferson High School Office June 3rd through June 5th (Parents will be notified that student will be dropped without opting in).
- Students will receive the final summer school schedule week of April 27th, 2020.
- Summer School Office will accept drop-in enrollment June 3rd through June 5th at Jefferson High School.
Students who would like to take Math Course 3 CP Acceleration
- Fill out the Math Course 3 Summer School Application by April 3, 2020
- Eligibility Criteria:
a. Current JUHSD student in grade 9-11
b. B or higher in Math Course 2 (both semesters). If lower than a B, the student will be contacted to take the Math Diagnostic Testing Project Assessment. The student needs a score of 28 or above to qualify.
For questions about course enrollment, contact Ms. Ziegler.
For general questions about summer school procedures, contact Pat Boreni at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-550-7840.