3-18-20 At Home Learning and Other Student Services
Dear JUHSD Families,
During these uncertain times, my staff and I want to assure families and students that learning and other student services will continue. This memo contains important information about At-Home Learning (AHL), food service, mental health services and free resources to obtain the Internet or devices so students can fully participate in learning.
At Home Learning (AHL) will begin Thursday, March 19. Assignments will be posted on each school’s website under “School News” and at the links below. Starting Thursday morning, click on the Department to view the course assignments for each class. Note that all assignments are the same for each course assigned regardless of the teacher. Teachers will also be reaching out to their students.
Here are links for assignments:
- Jefferson http://bit.ly/JHSathome
- Oceana http://bit.ly/OHSathome
- Terra Nova http://bit.ly/TNathome
- Thornton http://bit.ly/Thorntonathome
- Westmoor http://bit.ly/WHSathome
Devices and Internet Access If a student needs to borrow a device at home to access AHL, please fill out this Google Form to request a Chromebook. Some families may need more than one device depending on the number of high school-age students at home. Once you sign up, staff will contact you for pick-up information. Free internet is available from Xfinity for sixty days at internetessentials.com or by calling 855-846-8376. Find free Wi-Fi hotspots, no sign up required, on this map.
Food Services Beginning today, Wednesday, March 18, the district is offering food to-go at Jefferson, Terra Nova, and Westmoor High Schools for all children under 18 years old from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. all weekdays March 18 - April 3. View full details at http://bit.ly/JUHSD-food-for-kids.
- JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL - circle drive at the front of campus
- TERRA NOVA HIGH SCHOOL - front of campus, near the flagpole
- WESTMOOR HIGH SCHOOL - loading zone (white lane) on Edgemont, near the pool
Wellness Services Wellness counselors will be continue providing services by phone or online. They will be in contact with the students they are currently service. Students who want to talk to a wellness counselor for the first time should email the appropriate person:
- Terra Nova Wellness Counselor, Cielo Calpotura: email@example.com, 650-550-7678
- Oceana Wellness Counselor, Nico Storrow: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7307
- Thornton School Social Worker, Ki Gaines: email@example.com, 650-550-7845
- Thornton Wellness Counselor/School Counselor, Karla Talkoff: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7856
- Jefferson Wellness Counselor, Karla Stehl: email@example.com, 650-550-7769
- Jefferson Wellness Counselor, Yvette Yambao-Wacher: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7839
- Westmoor Wellness Counselor, Phrani Diksa: email@example.com, 650-550-7494
- Westmoor Wellness Counselor, Sarah English: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7468
- JUHSD Wellness Coordinator, Melissa Ambrose: email@example.com, 650-550-7863
Daly City/Pacific Libraries Although the libraries are closed, staff still works. Students can check out material online using their library cards. To get temporary cards, follow the links below:
Stay Informed Please note that all information about At-Home Learning and other district services is available at www.juhsd.net/athome. Staff updates this website frequently throughout the day.
Grades, Credits and Graduation My team is meeting today to begin conversations on these topics. Please look for a communication from me on these topics soon.
My staff and I are thinking about you and how we can provide some sort of normalcy to students and families during these very stressful and unpredictable times. Please balance AHL with self-care. If you or a family member is sick, please contact your doctor.
Dr. Terry A. Deloria (Dr. D.)