All students eat FREE this year!
The California Universal Meals Program has been established for this school year 2022/2023. Through this program, the state is reimbursing the school district for meals. All students may get one free breakfast and one free lunch each day by providing their student ID number at the register in the cafeteria.
We do want to encourage all families to fill out a new meal application online for this new school year; some of our school funding is based on qualifying free and reduced meal applications. Online applications can be found on the school website home page.
Additional meals and snack items will be available for purchase at full price. Money may be added to your student's account by visiting Titan at https://family.titank12.com/ and clicking on the family portal. Cash is also accepted at all cafeteria serving lines.
Any student balance left from last year on myschoolbucks has been transferred to your students new account on our Titan system.
Particular School Funding Depends on
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS
Jefferson Union High School District receives funding based on students that qualify for Free/Reduced Meal program applications.
We need your support by filling out this form:
Based on FREE/REDUCED eligibility, this funding supports:
Title l funds - Counseling, Intervention, and Reading/Math support.
Title ll funds - Professional Development for all staff.
Title lll funds - Immigration and English learner students.
Title lV funds - Support for English Learners.
Supplemental Funds - Intervention, Teacher Aides, Counseling Services, Psychologist Services, Community Liasons, Software Licenses for students, Teacher Instructional Support, and Instructional Materials.
It can also qualify your family for benefits like:
Pandemic Extra Food Benefits (P-EBT)
SamTrams/Clipper Card - Free/Reduced discounts based on application eligibility.
Mediacom - Internet discount through Comcast
Thank you for your participation in this
important funding initiative!
Food Services Staff
Danielle Sweeters 650.550.7961 Director of Food Services Email Danielle Sweeters Anne McDonell 650.550.7932 Food Service Cashier and Applications/Refunds Email Anne McDonell Paula Oryall 650.550.7825 Jefferson Cafeteria Manager Email Paula Oryall Penny Birdman 650.550.7364 Oceana Cafeteria Manager Email Penny Birdman Zoyla Acuna 650.550.7509 Westmoor Cafeteria Manager Email Zoyla Acuna Rita Peppers 650.550.7646 Terra Nova Cafeteria Manager Email Rita Peppers
Other Food Distribution Resources
Daly City Food Distribution
- Jefferson High School, 2nd Saturday of each month: 11:00 am-1:00 pm; DRIVE THROUGH ONLY - no walk-ups. Family Harvest is brought to you by Pacific Islands Together and Second Harvest
- Daly City Community Service Center. Civic Center North 350 90th Street, First Floor. Daly City, CA 94015, Telephone: (650) 991-8007
- Mondays, 10:30 am-1:00pm pm, DRIVE THROUGH ONLY
- Tuesdays, 10:30am-1:00 pm, walk-up
- Wednesdays, 10:30 am-1:00 pm, walk-up
- Thursdays,1:00pm-3:30pm, walk-up
- Fridays, 10:30am-1:00pm, walk-up
- First Friday of every month, diaper distribution - 1:00pm-4:00pm call for times
- They will deliver food, diapers and personal care items to families who are in quarantine. Coordinate with firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacifica Food Distribution
- American Legion Hall, 555 Buel Ave, Pacifica, CA 94044, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the Month at 3:30 pm, DRIVE THROUGH ONLY
CA Department of Education
A message from the California Department of Education's Nutrition Services Division:
On May 5, 2022, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Civil Rights Division, issued policy memorandum CRD 01-2022. The memorandum updates the nondiscrimination statement to include gender identity and sexual orientation as part of the protected class of sex. The changes impact the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement (NDS) and the And Justice for All (AJFA) posters. An updated nondiscrimination statement can be found on the USDA Civil Rights NDS webpage.