Career and Education Center
Getting the High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is just the beginning of a student's journey, and Jefferson Adult Education is here to help students bridge the gap between where they are now and where they want to be.
Our Career & Education Center Offers:
- GED (HSE) preparation to pass the GED Exam
- Basic skills in Math and English to prepare for college, get a promotion at work, or get a better job.
- Math 4 Work Math skills targeted to pass tests for a job or a promotion.
- Career Power Skills: This is a new course that is an option students can choose to research careers that match their interests, learn workforce skills, resume writing, and interview skills. Students will develop academic skills in the context of college and career readiness and will be prepared to successfully transition to career training, community college and/or employment.
- Office Technology: This is a new course that covers Basic Computer Skills, Windows 10 and MS Office 2016.
High School Equivalency (GED) Preparation
Prepare for college and/or career, and/or get your HSE (GED)
Jefferson Adult Education GED Orientation/Adult Basic Skills
Orientation and Class Enrollment Dates for New Students: (Returning students start August 15, 2018)
Aug. 21, 2018 9:00 am & 5:30 pm Oct. 16, 2018 9:00 am & 5:30 pm Jan. 15, 2019 9:00 am & 5:30 pm March 19, 2019 9:00 am & 5:30 pm
Classes are held at the Jefferson Adult Basic Skills and Career CenterCENTER LOCATION
East Portable Building
699 Serramonte Blvd., Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: 650-550-7891- Fax: 650-550-7963New! GED preparation class at War Memorial Community Center
Wednesdays: 1:30-3:30 pm. Begins August 22.
6655 Mission St.
CENTER REGULAR HOURS
Monday: 9:00 am-1:30 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 am-3:30 pm and 5:30 pm-8:30 pm.
Saturday: 10:00 am-1:00 pm (Spanish only GED Prep)GED TESTING SCHEDULE
Tuesdays: 10am-2pmWednesdays: 4:30-8:30pm
HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY EXAM PREP
GED TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Every person testing must show a valid identification at each testing session. Acceptable forms of ID include:
Valid driver’s license
California ID card
Resident Alien Card
If you have not turned 18 yet, you must have a letter of request from a prospective employer, training program or educational institution.
TESTING FEE:$140 paid online and $15 fee for each retest. You will need to create an account at GED.com to pay the fee (with a credit card) and set up an appointment to take the exams.
Reasoning through Language Arts: Approx. 3 hours
Reasoning with Mathematics: Approx. 2 hours
Science and Social Studies: Approx. 1 1/2 hour each.
RETEST POLICY:Demonstration of adequate mastery of subject area is required before approval to retest is granted.If you only need a few credits (30 or less) to complete the requirements for graduation, you may earn an Adult School High School Diploma. For more information contact: Andy Solomon at: 650-550-7891 or Francisca Wentworth at: 650-550-7874