"I think that the more knowledge you have about sex the better chance that you'll be smart when it comes to sex. I personally learned that it is so easy to get pregnant and catch an STD nowadays."
- Other Local Clinics
- San Mateo Medical Center Outpatient Clinic
Daly City Clinic, 380 90th Street, Daly City, 650.301.8600
- Clinic by the Bay
4877 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94112, 415.405.0222
- San Francisco City Clinic
356 7th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (between Folsom and Harrison), (415) 487-5500
- New Generations Clinic
625 Portrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, 415-502-TEEN (8336)
- San Mateo Medical Center
2211 Palm Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403, (650) 573-2222
- Kaiser Teen Clinic
395 Hickey Boulevard, Daly City, CA 94015, (650) 301-4475
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Bedsider.org is a useful tool for women to learn about their birth control options, better manage their birth control, and in the process avoid getting pregnant until they’re ready.
- Sex, Etc is a for teens/by teens website operated by the Network of Family Life Education of Rutger’s University.
- Scarleteen is sex ed for the real world. Inclusive, comprehensive and smart sexuality information and help for teens and 20’s
- TeenSource.org is an online resource developed by the California Family Health Council their mission is to improve the health and well-being of young people in CA by providing non-judgmental, accurate, and reliable sexual and reproductive health information and resources.
- The Planned Parenthood Federation of America offers a resource where teens can get honest, comprehensive sexuality information.
- Guttmacher Institute advances sexual and reproductive health worldwide through research, policy analysis and public Education
- Advocates for Youth covers lots of teen topics, issues, facts, publications, other resources. Theme is “Rights, Respect and Responsibility”.
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy has many statistics and surveys about sex, contraception and unplanned pregnancy.
- Inspot.org has partner notification tools, and information about STD’s and local clinics.
- Behavioral Health
- The Trevor Project has crisis support and suicide prevention for LGBT teens. Also provides a hotline support service. Also provides a hotline support service.
- ReachOut is an information and support service using evidence based principles and technology to help teens and young adults facing tough times and struggling with mental health issues.
- The California Youth Crisis Line (CYCL) is a statewide, toll free, 24-hour, confidential Hotline available to teens and young adults ages 12-24 and/or any adults supporting youth. If you or someone you know is in crisis, don’t hesitate to call 1-800-843-5200.
- Breathe California’s Ash Kickers: Smoking Cessation Program
- Above the Influence offers information about tobacco and other drugs and links to videos and other resources from the National Anti-Drug Campaign.
- Quizta is the worlds first social network for quitting smoking. Helping people quit smoking one cigarette at a time.
- General Health
- KidsHealth has a “Teens Health” section on body, mind, sexual health, food, fitness, jobs, school, safety. Also in Spanish. Operated by the Nemours Foundation.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has information on the latest outbreaks and general health information from abortion to zoster.
- Center for Young Women’s Health has general health information for teen girls.
- Center for Young Men’s Health includes state-of-the-art health information for teen guys.
- ChadzBoyz is an LGBTQ teen support site with news, reviews, resources, support chat forum, advice column and clinic, safe sex and STI guides, coming out stories, blogs, poetry, fashion news and much more.
- GLSEN: Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network is dedicated to providing a positive education environment for LGBT teens
- PFLAG (Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays) promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Local PFLAG chapters are located throughout the country.
- College Guide for LGBTQ Students provided by BestColleges.com, partnered with HigherEducation.com, provides students with direct connections to schools and programs suiting their educational goals. What challenges they can expect in college as an LGBTQ student? Where to find valuable resources and help while in college? Answers can be found in this guide.
- San Mateo Pride Center is the first ever LGBTQ+ community center in San Mateo County.
- Crimes and Violence
- Break the Cycle provides domestic violence prevention and early intervention services to youth ages 12-24 throughout the U.S. Services include outreach, education, legal services and a peer leadership program. Operated by Break the Cycle, a non-profit organization.
- Stop the Violence has info on safety, dating violence, links, newsletter. Operated by the Domestic Violence Clearinghouse and Legal Hotline (Hawaii).
- Rape Trauma Services (RTS) strives to eliminate all forms of violence, with a special focus on sexual assault and abuse. They facilitate healing and the prevention of violence through counseling, advocacy, and education.
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA) is dedicated to helping those affected by intimate partner abuse. From counseling, to emergency housing, to legal assistance, their services are designed to provide safety, support, and healing.