Food Services for Children Under 18
MEALS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS 11-1 until May 28 (Beginning June 1, meals will be distributed at the same time on Tuesdays and Fridays)
Families can pick up meals for any JUHSD student and any child under 18 years old in their household, whether or not the child is present for meal pickup. People can arrive by car or on foot (or bicycle, etcetera) and students will be able to pick up food for themselves. You do not need to pick up food from a specific school based on your child's attendance.
Designate food distribution areas:
- JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL - enter from Bruno Avenue to the circle drive at the front of campus
- TERRA NOVA HIGH SCHOOL - front of campus, near the flagpole
- WESTMOOR HIGH SCHOOL - loading zone (white lane) on Edgemont, near the pool
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, there are some rules designed to keep our staff and our families safe when coming on campus to receive the meals:
- Congregating in groups is not allowed, please practice social distancing
- Students arriving by car do not need to leave the vehicle and may drive up to a designated place on each campus
- Students walking on to campus should go to the designated lunch distribution area only
- Staff will be on hand to give each student a lunch bag and breakfast for the following day
- Distributed food will need to be consumed or refrigerated by 2 p.m.
This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals and meals will not be consumed on site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by immediately leaving the school site and returning home once meals have been distributed.
If you aren’t able to make it to a JUHSD school, here is a list of locations where food is available for students across San Mateo County.
Family Food Services
Second Harvest Food Bank is offering an emergency drive-through, free grocery distribution on the first and third Friday of every month through the COVID-19 pandemic. 11am to 1pm at Serramonte Shopping Center in the NE parking lot (Serramonte Blvd off the I-280 exit). Call 1-800-984-3663 if you have questions. Groceries will be available to those in need. View the event flyer here.
Second Harvest and Pacific Islands Together are partnering with Jefferson High School to a food bank every Thursday and Saturday from 11-1 during these extraordinary times. All families are welcome:
Thursdays 11-1 (Enter from Mission Street; families picking up meals for children under 18 enter from Bruno Ave)
If anyone is in need of food, they should call the Food Connection Hotline (in any language) to get connected to a nearby distribution: 800-984-3663. Farmer's markets remain open and most accept EBT.