Food Services for Children Under 18
Families can pick up meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. all weekdays March 18 - April 3. Please note, on Friday, April 3, food will be provided for Friday and Monday. There will be no food service on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays beginning on Monday, April 6th.
BEGINNING APRIL 6, MEALS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ONLY (Tuesday's packets will contain food for two days and Thursday's packets will contain food for three days)
Families can pick up meals for any child under 18 years old in their household, whether or not the child is present for meal pickup. People can arrive by car or on foot (or bicycle, etcetera) and students will be able to pick up food for themselves. You do not need to pick up food from a specific school based on your child's attendance.
Designate food distribution areas:
- JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL - circle drive at the front of campus
- TERRA NOVA HIGH SCHOOL - front of campus, near the flagpole
- WESTMOOR HIGH SCHOOL - loading zone (white lane) on Edgemont, near the pool
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, there are some rules designed to keep our staff and our families safe when coming on campus to receive the meals:
- Congregating in groups is not allowed, please practice social distancing
- Students arriving by car do not need to leave the vehicle and may drive up to a designated place on each campus
- Students walking on to campus should go to the designated lunch distribution area only
- Staff will be on hand to give each student a lunch bag and breakfast for the following day
- Distributed food will need to be consumed or refrigerated by 2 p.m.
This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals and meals will not be consumed on site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by immediately leaving the school site and returning home once meals have been distributed.
If you aren’t able to make it to a JUHSD school, here is a list of locations where food is available for students across San Mateo County. If anyone is in need of food, they should call the Food Connection Hotline (in any language) to get connected to a nearby distribution: 800-984-3663. Farmer's markets remain open and most accept EBT.
Jefferson High School is hosting a food bank every Tuesday and Saturday during these extraordinary times. All families are welcome:
Tuesdays 1:00-2:30 pm
Saturdays 11-1 pm