Daly City Youth Health Center: 1-650-877-5700
StarVista’s Online Teen Support Chat Room: onyourmind.net
StarVista’s Counseling Services: (650) 355-8787
National Teen Crisis Line: Text “LISTEN” to 741741
Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA): 1800-300-1080
National Parent Helpline: 1-855-427-2736
National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-RUNAWAY
National Suicide Line: 1-800-SUICIDE
North County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services - counseling services: (650) 301-8650
Rape Trauma Services, 24 hour hotline: (650) 692-7273
San Francisco Parent Talkline: 1-415-441-5437
San Mateo County Immigration Services: (650) 363-4194
Wellness Access Plan for Students (Plan for Parents is Below)
We are aware that this time of uncertainty and disruption in our daily schedules may result in feelings of stress and anxiety. As such, students can request to speak with a Wellness Counselor during the At Home Learning period by following the instructions below.
If this is a medical or mental health emergency, please do not sent an email but contact the following resources immediately:
- 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room if you can get there safely
- Crisis Text Line: text "home" to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- StarVista Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350
- Trevor Project (for LGBTQ youth): 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 67867
Daily at 12:15pm: (staff are welcome, too) https://zoom.us/j/503741564; Meeting ID: 503 741 564; Phone only: Dial: (669)900-6833, put in the meeting ID # 503 741 564, then hit the # button twice. Use *6 to mute/unmute and *9 to raise your hand to speak.
Student or Parent Sessions
Wellness Counselors are available for student or parent sessions via phone, video and live scheduled text chat sessions during school hours, from 8am - 3pm.
Students can email their Wellness Counselor to make appointments via their District email only. All appointment requests must come through students’ District gmail in order to insure that we are in contact with JUHSD students.
If a student does not have access to email, they can leave a message on their Wellness Counselor’s extension at school. Wellness Counselors will check their voicemail twice a day, so this is not an ideal way to get an appointment quickly.
It is important for students and their families to understand that while the District takes student confidentiality very seriously, we can not guarantee 100% confidentiality in our use of telehealth counseling meetings as the internet and telephone are susceptible to outside interference.
Wellness Access Plan for Parents/Guardians:
Parents and guardians can also schedule time to talk to Wellness Counselors. Please email your student’s Wellness Counselor to set up a time to talk. You can also call and leave a message on their Wellness Counselor’s extension at school. Wellness Counselors will check their voicemail twice a day, so this is not an ideal way to get an appointment quickly.
Wellness Counselor Information
- Terra Nova Wellness Counselor, Cielo Calpotura: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7678
- Oceana Wellness Counselor, Nico Storrow: email@example.com, 650-550-7307
- Thornton School Social Worker, Ki Gaines: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7845
Thornton Wellness Counselor/School Counselor, Karla Talkoff: email@example.com, 650-550-7856
- Jefferson Wellness Counselor, Karla Stehl: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7769
Jefferson Wellness Counselor, Yvette Yambao-Wacher: email@example.com, 650-550-7839
- Westmoor Wellness Counselor, Phrani Diksa: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7494
Westmoor Wellness Counselor, Sarah English: email@example.com, 650-550-7468
- JUHSD Wellness Coordinator, Melissa Ambrose: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7863