Jefferson Adult Education offers various workforce training classes in addition to career classes. To participate in these classes, students need to be enrolled at Jefferson Adult Education. For more information call: 650-550-7890
ServSafe Certification for Managers (Two-day training offered monthly)
- This course covers topics that are needed to pass the ServSafe Managers Certificate exam. Classes meet the last Monday and Tuesday of the month. See link above for more information.
Prepare for a job as an office assistant. Nearly all career areas need office assistants who have good computer, communication, and workforce skills. This course has two sections. Students can take one or both sections.
- Computer Skills for Employment as an Office Assistant: Class starts on January 14, 2019- 1:00-2:30 pm RM 128.
- This is a computer skills course geared towards English Language Learners that covers: Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Email, the internet and Google Drive (docs, sheets and slides). At the end of the course, students will be able to able to take the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment and receive a certificate.
- Commincation and Workforce Skills: Class starts Tuesday, January 15, 2019- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm Room 105A.
- Communcation and development of work relationships
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Workforce (Soft) skills
Career Power Skills: Course starts on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 (9:00 am-12:00 pm-Tuesday & Thursday and 5:30 pm-8:30 pm- Wednesday) RM 128
- Employers are looking for employees with good workforce (soft skills) which includes functioning as part of team, and having good communication and problem solving skills. Getting a job or a promotion is often dependent on having a positive attitude, a strong work ethic as well as good reading, writing and listening skills. In this course, students will learn these important workforce skills to succeed at work. In addition, this course will help students make a plan to pursue a career pathway. Through self-discovery activities, interest surveys and career assessments, students will identify their personality type, skills and work values. Students will then research careers, reflect on solutions to barriers to success and define and clarify career goals to make an informed plan. They also learn effective interview and resume writing skills.
Office Technology Class starts on January 10, 2019 5:30-8:30 pm RM 128. Morning class begins on January 14, 2019 from 9:00 am- 12:00 pm.
- Strong computer skills are essential to getting a job or a promotion. This is an instructor led course that covers basic computer skills, Windows 10, Internet, and Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Power Point, and Excel) in order to prepare students for the Microsoft Certification exam. Students will also be introduced to Google Drive (docs/sheets/slides).
- This is a 9-week course to prepare you to take the national board exams. For more detailed information, please click on Dental Assistant link above.
- These courses are online. There are several courses to choose from and many include a practicum component. Boost your career opportunites! Students must register with Jefferson Adult Education. Call: 650-550-7890 for more information.