2019-2020 P.A.S.E.O. CLUB OFFICERS (Updated Saturday August 31, 2019)
President: M. Emily Sanchez Sorto
Vice President: Jonathan Dubon
Secretary: Stephanie Haro
Treasurer: Joshua Martinez
Events Coordinator: Andrea Gomez
Advisor: Mr. Luis Magallanes, Math Teacher
Pursuing Academic Success, Education & Organization (P.A.S.E.O.)
Official Meetings: Last Tuesday of each month at lunch in room B206
Unofficial Meetings: Every day at brunch and lunch in room B206
P.A.S.E.O. stands for Pursuing Academic Success, Education & Organization. Follow us on Facebook as Paseo Club or on Instagram at @jhspaseo
One of the purposes of P.A.S.E.O. Club is to teach and learn about organizational skills that can help to become an “Event Organizer.” These skills are learned through the participation of members in the organization of educational fieldtrips.
Another purpose is to provide opportunities to those students interested in the music composition and singing careers, linked with the yearly contest “Festival de La Canción Latinoamericana de California.”
Among the purposes of P.A.S.E.O. Club is also included the fact that field trips are educational and career related in the fields of: Computer Science, Engineering, Medicine and Health and Law. In addition, P.A.S.E.O. Club assists students to find internships in different careers such as Medicine and Health, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Law & Justice, Car auto, etc.
A branch of P.A.S.E.O. Club used to co-exist at Terra Nova High School and it may open at Westmoor High School for the 2019-2020 School year. All branches of P.A.S.E.O. Club coordinate events and fieldtrips simultaneously.
Our accomplishments and Field Trips for school year 2018-2019 were:
- Internship with SF Attorneys, Immigration Law
- After School Writing workshop to prepare a resume, letter of introduction and letter of resignation, getting ready for Internships.
- Information about Internships in the fields of Medicine, Engineering and Computer Sciences through Google Classroom.
- Request of CERT training (Community Emergency response Team) in preparation for earthquakes.
Field trips to:
- San Francisco Exploratorium https://www.exploratorium.edu/
- The Marine Mammals Center http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/
- Google Headquarters in Mountain View https://careers.google.com/locations/mountain-view/
- UC Davis School of Engineering https://engineering.ucdavis.edu/
- Stanford School of Medicine http://med.stanford.edu/
- San Francisco State University School of Engineering http://engineering.sfsu.edu/
- San Francisco State University Step to College Program https://gcoe.sfsu.edu/dcp/step-college-program
- Doctors on Board Pipeline Program at UC Berkeley http://pmfmd.com/doctors-on-board/
- Great America Math & Physics Day https://www.cagreatamerica.com/explore/groups/student-and-youth/physics-science-and-math-days
- Salesforce Tower http://www.salesforcetower.com/
We are planning to continue with the above field trips for 2019-2020 school year, adding a few more field trips.
PASEO Club welcomes any student, parent, community member and/or teacher, regardless of believes or orientation, as long as participation does not involve activities outside of the law. There is a zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment or any unwelcomed behavior.
If you want to be added to Google Classroom for a specific career information, please talk to the advisor, Mr. Luis Magallanes in room B206