Pursuing Academic Success, Education & Organization (P.A.S.E.O.)
P.A.S.E.O. stands for Pursuing Academic Success, Education & Organization.
One of the purposes of PASEO Club is to teach and learn about organizational skills that can help to become an “Event Organizer.” These skills are learned through the participation of members in the organization of educational fieldtrips.
Another purpose is to provide opportunities to those students interested in the music composition and singing careers, linked with the yearly contest “Festival de La Canción Latinoamericana de California.”
A branch of PASEO Club used to co-exist at Terra Nova High School and it may open at Westmoor High School for the 2018-2019 School year. All branches of P.A.S.E.O. Club coordinate events and fieldtrips simultaneously.
In addition, P.A.S.E.O. Club assists students to find internships in different careers such as Medicine and Health, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Law & Justice, Car auto, etc.
Our accomplishments this school year 2017-2018 were:
- Internship with SF Attorneys, Immigration Law
- After School Writing workshop to prepare a resume, letter of introduction and letter of resignation, getting ready for Internships.
- Information about Internships in the fields of Medicine, Engineering and Computer Sciences through Google Classroom.
- Organization and Support of Immigration “Know your Rights” Event on Saturday 09/23/2017
- Organization and Support of DACA information table during Lunch Time with Skyline College (10/11/2017)
- Request of CERT training (Community Emergency response Team) in preparation for earthquakes.
Field trips to:
- Google Headquarters in Mountain View (09/28/2017)
- Intel Headquarters in Santa Clara, (03/28/2018)
- SEARS Auto Center (04/19/2018)
- Great America Math & Physics Day (4/27/2018)
- UCSF, School of Medicine, High School Outreach Conference (4/28/2018)
- City College of San Francisco (5/16/18)
PASEO Club welcomes any student, parent, community member and/or teacher, regardless of believes or orientation, as long as participation does not involve activities outside of the law. There is a zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment or any unwelcomed behavior.
If you want to be added to Google Classroom for a specific career information, please talk to the advisor, Mr. Luis Magallanes in room B206