College and Career Center
In conjunction with the Counseling Department, the College and Career Center, located in F228 works with students specifically about life after school with their college or career plans and goal setting. Working with the Jefferson High School Staff, the JCYC ETS is federally funded program that identifies, selects and assists low-income youth ages 11 and older that have the potential to be the first generation in their family to attend college.
The Center is Open:Monday through Thursday, from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.Friday, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Maya Lozowski, (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)
College and Career Center Aide
650.550.7811orCristina Pelayo (Monday-Thursday)
Educational Advisor at Jefferson High School
1596 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
Talent Search is a college access program of JCYC
Angel-Max Guerrero, (Mondays 12:00pm-5:30pm, Tuesdays (8:30am-5:30pm, Wednesday 8:30am-5:30pm)
The College and Career Center:
- works one-on-one with students on their college applications, personal statements, and scholarships
- provides free field trips to university campuses
- gives SAT and ACT waivers to cover the costs of the exams when applicable
- help with resumes
- distributes work permits
- assists the Counseling Department with Career Exploration through speakers and presentations
- Cash for College
- Check out our Google Classroom for information on scholarships, college applications, jobs, and more! The code is non5qe.
Last year, Jefferson students were accepted to all eight of the University of California campuses and received over $700,000 dollars in scholarships.