Landed Home Purchasing Program Information
JUHSD is a proud partner of Landed. Landed helps employees interested in purchasing a home access the funds necessary to secure a downpayment on a home.
Landed program highlights
Interested employees may receive down-payment for a home support through Landed:
- Employees can receive funding for down-payment support to purchase a home
- Add the support from Landed to a personal down-payment contribution, for a combined 20% down
- In exchange for the down-payment support, Landed shares in the equity gain (or depreciation loss) at the time the home is sold or refinanced, or when the mortgage term ends
- When prospective homeowners have a 20% down payment, they typically qualify for lower mortgage interest rates and avoid costly Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) that lenders often apply to home loans with less than 20% down
- The program accelerates the timeline to home ownership, enabling employees to benefit from tax deductions not available to renters
- The down-payment support from Landed is not a loan, so it does not add to an employee’s debt and there are no monthly payments
- The program supports the purchase of a primary residence
- The program is not limited to first-time home buyers and there are no income restrictions in order to qualify
Education and financial counseling regarding home buying:
- Webinars and support to understand home buying options, such as how to make an offer, what contingencies are, how to close on your home, and more.
All employees who work 20+ hours per week are eligible.
Geographic regions where Landed operates
Review a list of the regions where Landed is available here.
Landed works with numerous local and national lenders. Landed’s national network of lenders is available here here.
More information is available here.