JUHSD Spring 2021 Wellness Counselor Availability
We are aware that this time of uncertainty and disruption in our daily schedules may result in feelings of stress and anxiety. Under any circumstances, it is not uncommon to experience mental health struggles; JUHSD Wellness Services are a great source of support for issues of sadness, anxiety, loneliness, academic stress, relationship struggles, and other concerns not requiring medical intervention. Wellness Counselor appointments are available for students and parents/guardians via video, phone, and text chat available for students and/or parents/guardians during school hours or by appointment. Please follow the schedule and instructions in the "How to make an appointment" section below for making appointments.
- Wellness Counselors will ask a series of questions to insure that we are in contact with current JUHSD students and parents/guardians only.
- It is important for students and their families to understand that while the District takes student confidentiality very seriously, we can not guarantee 100% confidentiality in our use of telehealth counseling meetings as the internet and telephone are susceptible to outside interference.
- Parents and guardians, please see this article by Child Mind Organization about talking to children about COVID-19.
If this is a mental health emergency, contact the following resources immediately:
- 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room if you can get there safely
- Crisis Text Line: text "home" to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- StarVista Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350
- Trevor Project (for LGBTQ youth): 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 67867
Wellness/ School Social Workers
How to make an Appointment
Melissa Ambrose, LCSW (#60254)/PPS; JUHSD Wellness Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice or text messages: (415) 498-0231
Karla Stehl, ASW (#80408)/PPS; School Social Worker
Marcela Ardema, LCSW (#82772)/PPS; Wellness Counselor
Yvette Yambao-Wacher, LCSW (#29741)/PPS; Wellness Counselor
Nico Storrow, AMFT (#114716)/PPS; Wellness Counselor
Karla Talkoff, LMFT (#33637)/PPS; Wellness Counselor/School Counselor
Ki Gaines, LPCC (#5217)/PPS; School Social Worker
Cielo Calpotura-Wagner, APCC (#2410)/PPS; Wellness Counselor
Phrani Diksa, LCSW (#27682)/PPS; Wellness Counselor
Sarah English, MA/PPS; Wellness Counselor