Irresistible games about everything News Literacy!
Fact Checking, bias, mis- and disinformation. make decisions in a newsroom, fact-check and verify breaking news, and even delve into the dark world of media manipulators.
- Bad News: Modern, minimalist fake news game has players be the villains.
- BBC iReporter: Spot real stories, dodge fake news in cheeky media literacy sim.
- Informable: Spot fake news, sharpen media literacy skills with speedy quizzes.
- Newsfeed Defenders: Social media simulation builds news literacy skills.
The mission of the Jefferson High School Library is to inspire life-long learning and discovery, by providing programs that will promote a global 21st Century world view that supports literacy, while offering a welcoming place for all to gather and share experiences.
The Jefferson Library strives to:
- develop and maintain a diverse collection of materials in various media to support the curricular and personal needs of students and staff.
- develop users who are information and technology literate, who are independent learners, effective users of information, and who exhibit social responsibility.
- maintain a facility that is conducive to both formal and informal learning.