Wellness Access Plan for Students and Families
The Wellness Counselors wish you safety and good health during this extraordinary time. We are aware that this uncertainty and disruption in our daily schedules may lead to feelings of stress and anxiety. We want to assure you that the staff is here for you, including us. As such, you can request to speak with us during the At-Home Learning period by following the instructions below:
For any medical or mental health emergencies, please do not sent an email but contact the following resources immediately:
- Dial 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency if you can get there safely
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- StarVista Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350
- Trevor Project (for LGBTQ+ youth): 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678-678
WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENT SESSIONS VIA PHONE (GOOGLE VOICE) AND VIDEO (ZOOM) MONDAY TO FRIDAY, FROM 8AM - 3PM. WE ARE ADDITIONALLY WORKING ON THE POSSIBILITY OF TEXTING/CHAT SERVICES (DOXY.ME). MORE INFORMATION TO COME.
Students can email us to make appointments via their District email only. All appointment requests must come through students’ District gmail to ensure that we are in contact with JUHSD students.
Students with limited access to email can leave a message at our phone extensions at school. We plan to check our voicemail twice a day.
It is important for students and families to understand that - while the District takes student confidentiality seriously - we cannot guarantee 100% confidentiality in our use of telehealth counseling meetings as the internet and telephone are susceptible to outside interference.
Parents or guardians can also schedule a time to meet, as well. Please follow the same plan as above.
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION:
Ms. Karla Stehl: firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-550-7769, se habla Español
Ms. Yvette Yambao: email@example.com, 650-550-7839
We are now on the JHS Student Counseling Center Google Classroom (Class code: gxtd377). We will be posting regular status updates and will have useful resources available for you during this time of At Home Learning. Look for our updates on Monday’s for Mindful Monday and Wednesday’s for Wellness Wednesday weekly tips. Additionally, under the Wellness Classwork section you will find a list of articles that you may find helpful now. Be well!
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA): 1-800-300-1080
- National Parent Helpline: 1-855-427-2736
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-RUNAWAY
- North County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) - counseling services: (650) 301-8650
- Rape Trauma Services, 24 hour hotline: (650) 692-7273
- San Francisco Parent Talkline: 1-415-441-5437
- San Mateo County Immigration Services: (650) 363-4194
- StarVista’s Online Teen Support Chat Room: onyourmind.net
- StarVista’s Counseling Services: (650) 355-8787