About Our School
Our Mission Statement
The Terra Nova High School community will develop socially responsible lifelong learners who are collaborative, creative, and adaptive thinkers via a rigorous academic curriculum and a variety of extracurricular activities that celebrate diversity and promote leadership skills.
Terra Nova High School is a safe, vibrant and diverse community of students, families and staff who collaborate to develop lifelong learners who are prepared to succeed and become contributing members of a 21st century global community.
Terra Nova School Wide Outcomes
- Students master literacy skills across disciplines that enable college and career readiness.
- Students communicate clearly and effectively by listening, speaking, writing, and presenting in a manner appropriate to audience, setting, and purpose.
Critical Thinking and Application:
- Students apply their learning analytically and creatively through the development of academic curiosity. Students locate, evaluate, and synthesize resources to solve problems or craft responses.
Personal and Social Responsibility:
- Students will respect diverse ideas and perspectives while cooperating, collaborating, and responsibly advocating for themselves and others in both their learning environments and the overall community.
- Prepare, organize, and complete activities needed for learning.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, empathy, and understanding of the consequences of their actions, both short-term and long-term.
- Follow district, school, and classroom rules in personal behavior, behavior towards others, and respect for school property.
- Promote and utilize campus and community resources for students' physical, emotional, and social well-being.