The Promise Scholars Program application will be available on WebSmart starting: Wednesday, January 15.
The Promise Scholars Program provides incoming full-time students a full scholarship for two years, text book assistance, transportation vouchers, and academic and professional support. The program is open to first-time college students who can commit to attending Skyline College full-time (12 units minimum per semester, with 15 units highly encouraged).
The intention of the Promise Scholars Program is to accelerate your path toward achieving your educational goals, whether you hope to earn a certificate, an associate degree, or complete general education requirements to successfully transfer to a four-year institution. This is more than a scholarship. The program aims to provide all Scholars a supportive, engaged, and inclusive community – a home on campus. We expect all students in the program to regularly participate in counseling, career development, and utilize the program’s academic resources.
Participants in the Promise Scholars Program must agree to:
- Enroll full-time (minimum 12 units) during the academic year for the duration of the program
- Maintain academic progress and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Complete courses at a rate above 50% (Scholars must successfully complete and pass more than half of their courses in every semester they are part of the Promise Scholars Program)
- Declare a major within their first year at Skyline College
- Complete a comprehensive Student Educational Plan (SEP) their first year at Skyline College.
- Regularly meet with your dedicated Promise Scholar Program counselor
- Regularly participate in required Promise Scholars Program workshops, tutoring, and activities, as assigned.
Applicants must also complete a 2020-2021 financial aid application (FAFSA or CADAA) and include Skyline College to be considered.
Updated on February 12, 2020