Jefferson Adult Education offers various workforce training courses. To participate in these classes, students need to be enrolled at Jefferson Adult Education. For more information call: 650-550-7890
Essential Skills for Employment in Health Careers Not avaiable for fall 2018
- This course is a Skyline course (no credit) co-taught with a Skyline and Jefferson Adult School instructor. Students learn about health careers with English language support. At the end of the course they receive a CPR Certificate.
Hospitality and Tourism Careers Not avaiable for fall 2018
- This is a Skyline course offered at South San Francisco Adult school which is open to Jefferson Adult School students.
- This is a computer skills course geared towards English Language Learners that covers: Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Email and the Internet. At the end of the course, students will be able to able to take the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment and receive a certificate.
- This course covers topics that are needed to pass the ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate exam.
ServSafe Certification for Managers (Two-day training offered monthly)
- This course covers topics that are needed to pass the ServSafe Managers Certificate exam.
- Employers are looking for employees with good workforce (soft skills) which includes functioning as part of team, and having good communication and problem solving skills. Getting a job or a promotion is often dependent on having a positive attitude, a strong work ethic as well as good reading, writing and listening skills. In this course, students will learn these important workforce skills to succeed at work. In addition, this course also guides students in searching for a career that matches their personality and skills. They also learn effective interview and resume writing skills.
- Strong computer skills are essential to getting a job or a promotion. This is an instructor led course that covers basic computer skills, Windows 10, Internet, and Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Power Point, and Excel) in order to prepare students for the Microsoft Certification exam.
- This is a 9-week course to prepare you to take the national board exams. For more detailed information, please click on Dental Assisting link above.
- Choose from a number of courses. These courses are offered online. Courses include externships for hands-on practice.