Jefferson Adult School offers career exploration courses in conjunction with Skyline College and South San Francisco Adult School. To participate in these classes, students need to be enrolled at Jefferson Adult School or South San Francisco Adult School.
- This course is a Skyline course (no credit) co-taught with a Skyline and Jefferson Adult School instructor. Students learn about health careers with English language support. At the end of the course they receive a CPR Certificate.
- This is a Skyline course offered at South San Francisco Adult school which is open to Jefferson Adult School students.
- This is a computer skills course that covers:Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Email and the Internet. At the end of the course, students will be able to able to take the Northstar Digital Literacy Assesment and receive a certificate.
- This course covers topics that are needed to pass the ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate exam.
Career Power Skills
- Employers are looking for employees with good workforce (soft skills). Students learn important workforce skills to succeed at work. This course also guides students in searching for a career that matches their personality and skills. They also learn effective interview and resume writing skills.
- This computer course covers basic computer skills, Windows, Internet, and Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel).