Would you like to see what Terra Nova High School has to offer?
WHY SCHEDULE YOUR STUDENT FOR A TIGER TOUR?
A Tiger tour provides an opportunity for potential students to learn all that TN has to offer. This program is tailored primarily to those who have not made a choice about which JUHSD high school they’d like to attend; including middle-school students who live out of the district, private school students and new local students.
WHAT CAN MY STUDENT EXPECT ON THEIR TIGER TOUR?
Tours are done in small groups to help to ease any angst your child may be feeling about being on a high school campus. Each group of 4-5 visiting students is matched with 2 trained student representatives based on the interests you provide on our registration questionnaire and the school they are currently attending.
During their morning on campus, students will get a comprehensive tour of the school, have the opportunity to interact with high school students, meet faculty, visit classrooms and experience firsthand a day in the life of a Tiger.
Unfortunately, we do not accommodate requests for one-on-one shadowing or requests for specific TN students to tour.
WHEN CAN MY STUDENT TAKE A TOUR?
Terra Nova High School provides tiger tour opportunities on Tuesdays or Thursdays during the months of October and November. Shadowing begins in the main office at 8:40 AM and ends at 11:30 AM. Students will be escorted back to the main office for pick up.
Shadowing appointments can be set up by the parent/guardian of the shadowing student only.
Please follow the link to request a Tiger tour: TIGER TOUR REQUEST FORM
Once your request is received, you will be emailed a confirmation email.
DOES TERRA NOVA HAVE COVID PROTOCOLS IN PLACE TO MAKE TOURS AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE FOR MY STUDENT?
YES! TNHS has adopted several Covid policies/procedures recommended by the San Mateo County Office of Education and County Health Department in order to keep students, staff and visitors as safe as possible.
- At this time, we are not requiring proof of vaccination or negative covid test
- Visiting students cannot have been in close contact with any person(s) that have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 5 days or been placed in modified quarantine in the past 7 days.
- Students will be placed in groups with students from their current school when possible to minimize cross exposure with other schools
- Students must be masked for the entirety of the tour
- Student names and tour/shadowing date will be shared with other schools they are touring if contract tracing is needed
- Visiting tour/shadowing students guardians must attest to the following the day before their student arrives on Terra Novas campus. They will receive an email form of the following one day prior to visit:
“I am the parent or guardian of: _________________.
By giving my student permission to tour Terra Nova High School, I attest that to the best of my knowledge, my visiting student:
- Has not been in close contact with any person(s) that have tested positive for Covid-19
- Has not been placed in modified quarantine in the past 7 days by their current school
- Is not experiencing any known Covid-19 symptoms
- Will remain masked during the entirety of their tour at Terra Nova
- Understand that my students name and tour date will be shared with other high schools they have toured and their current school should a need for contact tracing arise.
Parent Name: _______________________ Date: _____________________ “