ELECTIVE CREDITS OPTIONS
Psychological counseling and drug & alcohol counseling from community resources.
Ms. Karla Talkoff, Special Services Counselor
@ Thornton High School
Ms. Talkoff-discussing various topics pertaining to young women
Duration-12 weekly meetings
Work Experience Program
Students must obtain a job after school ends daily and average 15-20 hours per week.
Students will :
- complete a weekly log sheet of hours,
- obtain a work permit,
- have his/her employer fill out an evaluation sheet
- complete assigned book work by Ms. Talkoff.
Duration-entire semester-10 elective credits
ROP (Regional Occupational Program)
@ various locations in San Mateo County
Duration-entire semester-10 credits
- Students must complete at least 75 hours of community service to earn 10 elective credits
- Students must get their volunteer location approved by Ms. Talkoff
- Students must complete log sheet and evaluation of Community Service experience
For questions related to Elective Credits Options, see Ms. Talkoff for more information.